Yesterday evening was spent doing some changes at home.
I changed the layout of the office to make it more comfortable to work there and doing so entailed moving all the computing and networking equipment I have in the house.
It went rather well and I ended up taking out a number of devices that where just sitting there, accumulating dust, disconnected and out of service.
Just a note to self, though, if your dual homed box says it doesn’t have network access don’t bother fighting it. Even if you are absolutely sure that you connected the network cable to the right NIC. Don’t spend that half-hour fiddling with network configurations and whatnot. Just change the cable (which you know is right) and it will work. Because it was on the wrong NIC all along. The hardware is always right, stupid!
Anyhow, I ended up taking down quite a few services that were runing on the former-gateway-current-webserver in the process, so it was all for the best…
Oh and another interesting note, UPnP rocks! I was able, for the first time, to take full advantage of it using Azureus (now that I have a wireless router which supports it, even if not totally well) and it sure is sweet!