Probing patterns on

Posted on October 14, 2004

I obviously have iptables running on my gateway at home (where this site is hosted) and I filter everything I am not expecting to receive.

One thing I’ve noticed while making the usual round over the log files is that I have a really high incidence of attempts to reach services which I do not provide and which are, therefore, blocked.

So some time ago I decided to graph it on mrtg.

This is the result so far. The values are in incidents per minute, not per second, but even so this is high.

[Image lost to the ages, but it was impressive. Honest!]

The next step is to try and graph HTTP exploit attempts. If I dare to do it, that is…